What personal data do we collect?
We may collect information when you register for promotional emails, set up a shopping account, purchase goods, contact customer service, or engage in other interactive features with our site. This information may also include your name, address-, bank- and payment details. We ask you for personal data to provide you with the products or information you request. This personal data includes your:
- Contact details
- Personal details including gender and purchase history
- Login and account information
- Payment or credit card information
- Personal preferences including marketing and cookie preferences
When interacting with our site, data is automatically collected and shared with GOAT. More information about it is included in ‘Cookies & Pixels’ below. This data includes:
- Cookies, IP addresses, data identifying your web browser
Why do we use your personal data and how do we do it?
We use the personal data in the following ways:
To provide the features and services you request
When you use goatauthentic.com, we will use your data to provide the product you have selected. When you make a purchase on goatauthentic.com we will use the contact information to communicate with you. If you reach out to us, we will use information about you or your order to help you resolve the question.
To inform you about our products
To modify your subscriptions or to opt-out of receiving GOAT e-mails, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]. If you are an existing customer (for example, if you have placed an order before), we may use the email address to send you e-mails about similar GOAT products, unless you have opted-out.
For general research and analysis
We use data about how people use our site to understand customer behaviour or preferences.
Do we share your personal data?
- Authorization of credit card and check transactions, order fulfilment
- Developing, hosting or maintaining the websites on behalf of GOAT
- Warehousing product, personalising product and performing order fulfilment and shipping services on behalf of GOAT or on your behalf and at your request.
- Aggregating customer information and/or improving customer service.
How we protect and manage your personal data?
We use various security measures, including encryption, to ensure the safety of your data. Your personal data is contained behind a secured network.
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary but only to fulfil the purpose(s) for which we collect it.
You have the right to request: (A) access to your personal data; (B) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (C) deletion of your personal data. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You also have the right to object to the use of your data for marketing purposes.
How to influence the data we collect?
Web browsers and mobile device platforms provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares information. For example cookie usage or location sharing.
Cookies and Pixels: how does it work?
GOAT receives and records information, which includes data from your browser when you use goatauthentic.com. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your IP-address, cookie information, unique device identifier and device type, browser type and language. We also collect information about your interaction with goatauthentic.com such as click behaviour, purchases, access times and referring URLs.
We use the following types of cookies
- Functional: these cookies are required for basic site functionality
- Performance: these cookies allow us to improve our site’s functionality. They improve the speed and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected.
- Social media and advertising: social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our site through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests beyond our site.
Applicable law and our practices change over time. If we decide to update our policy, we will post the changes on our site. This policy was last modified in January 2022.
Questions and feedback
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns, or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, please contact us.